Sunday, August 1, 2010

NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY ~~

August 1st is Naitonal Frindship Day, and also National Raspberry Cream Pie Day. I don't think there any songs written about Raspberry Cream Pie (get out your copy books and see what you can do) but there are songs about friendship:

FRIENDS, FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES, FRIEND LIKE ME, FRIENDS WITH YOU, FRIENDLY FELLOW POLKA, FRIENDLY PERSUASION, to name a few.

Friendship is one of the most important parts of our lives. It is really an emotion, I think. You cannot be a friend with out feeling some emotion. Friendship can lead to love, it can provide stability in our lives and make us feel "part of" something.

I am blessed with friends; some from childhood, some from jobs I have held; some recent friends in my music hobby. I hope I am a "good friend" to all of them. I made a "new friend" at the therapy pool last month, and she is coming this afternoon with several of her friends to hear me play some music. I believe one can never have too many friends, and probably should have at least one very close "confidante".

SO, "friendship, friendship, we've a perfect friendship. When other friendships are all forgot - ours will still be hot."

Keep a song in your heart and keep the music playing.

jem

No comments:

Post a Comment